Tees Valley Youth for Christ – Youth Minister
Tees Valley Youth for Christ are seeking to appoint a Youth Minister to deliver biblical teaching and training to our team of volunteer youth workers and to be responsible for overseeing Doulos, our student leadership development programme. The role will suit a person who is highly organised and an excellent communicator with experience of, and a passion for, youth ministry.
The successful candidate will:
- Be in agreement with the ethos and principles of Tees Valley Youth for Christ and seek to forward the mission of seeing young people’s lives changed by Jesus.
- Preach and lead worship at our services.
- Use their experience of youth work to coordinate and deliver training to our team of volunteer youth workers.
- Provide support and guidance to the volunteers and staff of Tees Valley Youth for Christ.
- Communicate the vision of Doulos to local ministers and youth workers.
- Develop the curriculum of the Doulos programme.
- Support the Doulos year group leaders in organising sessions.
- Promote the work of Tees Valley Youth for Christ.
- Communicate effectively through social media to engage young people, local ministers and youth workers in our mission.
Candidates applying for this role will be expected to comply with safer recruitment initiatives, including a self disclosure of any criminal history. This position is dependent on suitable references, a satisfactory DBS check and attendance at regular safeguarding training.
There is an occupation requirement that the role holder is a committed Christian in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Job Title: Youth Minister
Hours: 24 Hours per week
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Primary Location: Tees Valley Youth for Christ office, Stockton-on-Tees.
Closing Date: 15th May 2018
For a more detailed job description and an application form please contact Audrey Gosnay at firstname.lastname@example.org