Tees Valley Youth for Christ are seeking to appoint a Youth Worker for the Stokesley area.
The post-holder will support the churches in Stokesley and the surrounding villages with their youth work and develop new youth work where none currently exists. They will also aim to develop links with local schools and offer support where required. The role will suit a person who is highly self-motivated, organised and a good communicator. A minimum of 1 year experience in youth ministry is desirable. A full clean driving licence is essential and due to the area covered it is preferable that the role holder has their own transport.
Hours: 16 per week worked flexibly over 6 days.
Salary: £7488 per annum
Location: Stokesley in North Yorkshire and the surrounding area.
Contract: Fixed Term 1 year (probationary period 4 months)
Candidates applying for this role will be expected to comply with safer recruitment initiatives, including a self disclosure of any criminal history. The position is dependent on suitable references, a satisfactory DBS check and attendance at regular safeguarding training.
There is an occupational requirement that the role holder is a committed Christian in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 9 of The Equality Act 2010.
Closing date: Friday 24th May 2019
Interviews will take place during the week commencing: 3rd June 2019
Enquiries to Audrey Gosnay firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Youth Worker
Job Summary: To deliver, promote and develop Christian Youth Work in Stokesley and the surrounding area.
Employer: Tees Valley Youth for Christ
Reporting to: The Director, Tees Valley Youth for Christ
Location: Stokesley in North Yorkshire, and the surrounding area
- Assess the current youth ministry in the area, identify needs and initiate new work.
- Work directly with churches in Stokesley and the surrounding area to provide high quality youth work, by working alongside established teams of volunteers or initiating youth work in churches where none currently exists.
- Develop links with local primary and secondary schools of offer support, for example by leading assemblies, supporting RE lessons and helping with lunchtime and afterschool clubs.
- Establish a monthly Café Church in Stokesley.
- Fulfil the mission of Tees Valley Youth for Christ by taking the good news relevantly to young people in the Tees Valley and seeing young people’s lives changed by Jesus.
- Build relationships with children and young people with the aim of deepening their Christian faith, including mentoring.
- Attend Tees Valley Youth for Christ weekly meetings, training and National Conference.
- Promote the work of Tees Valley Youth for Christ and encourage individuals and churches to partner with us financially and through prayer support.
- Communicate regularly with partners and local churches, providing updates about the ministry through newsletters etc.
- The nature of the role will require commitment outside of normal office hours including evenings and weekends.
- Passionate about youth work and have an understanding and experience of working with young people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone and use initiative, and to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
- Flexible and adaptable to working with different personality types and in different contexts
- Good at presenting in front of people
- Good networker of people
- Minimum 1 year experience in Christian youth work is desirable.
- A certificate in First Aid is desirable
- Thorough knowledge of Safeguarding and risk assessment.
- Full clean driving licence.